By Carolyn Ambler Walter PhD PhD LCSW,Judith McCoyd L. M. PhD LCSW QCSW
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"[This ebook] represents an important enhance since it seems to be on the matters from a bio-psychosocial point of view. To a social employee who has labored normally in a scientific and nursing atmosphere, it is a nice step forward."
"[Offers] valued sensitivities, wisdom, and insights, and most significantly, age-appropriate interventions for a number major losses....Counselors probably want to hold this necessary paintings shut at hand."
-Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, writer, Counseling people with Life-Threatening Illness
This detailed textual content for undergraduate and masterís point social paintings and counseling classes on loss, grief, and bereavement is distinctive by means of its biopsychosocial point of view and developmental framework. The e-book addresses grieving styles and intervention recommendations in accordance with the lifestyles trajectory and gives scientific intervention instruments and techniques for coping based on the developmental degree of somebody. It comprises losses past dying loss, with targeted specialise in losses on the topic of maturational improvement. the second one version displays new learn that has clarified and underscored the worth of theories tested within the first editionóparticularly within the parts of persisted bonds, disenfranchised grief, and ambiguous grief. It describes how grieving is motivated through organic responses to emphasize, mental responses to loss, and social norms and help networks.
The moment version comprises major new info on trauma and resilience and addresses using mindfulness practices with grief and loss. It specializes in the altering position of expertise together with expressions of grief and loss in social media and public boards. up to date details is supplied relating to hospice and palliative care, , besides housing matters in getting older. a totally new bankruptcy examines grief and loss counseling with rising adults, and adjustments within the DSM five are coated in addition. extra new beneficial properties comprise bankruptcy goals, dialogue questions, an instructorís guide, PowerPoint slides, and up-to-date resources.
New to the second one Edition:
- New details on trauma and resilience
- Using mindfulness practices with grief and loss
- Updated concept and empirical findings
- The altering function of know-how in grief
- Expressions of grief and loss in social media and public forums
- Transitions as a result of monetary and health and wellbeing changes
- Changes within the DSM 5
- New bankruptcy on rising adults (ages 18-25)
- Instructorís handbook and PowerPoint slides
- New info on hospice, palliative care and aging
- Housing concerns in aging/disability
- New info on concerns dealing with younger and older US veterans and families
- Updated resources
- Chapter goals and dialogue questions
- Uses a developmental framework for grief and loss
- Incorporates notions of loss past demise, together with special maturational losses
- Integrates new grief theories with empirical findings and intervention techniques
- Utilizes neurobiological and organic details inside a counseling text
- Focuses on non-pathologizing ways to disappointment, loss, and grief