By Gwinyai H. Muzorewa,Ralph C. Watkins
"Gwinyai H. Muzorewa's African Origins of Monotheism is a seminal paintings in theology, historical past, and cultural reviews. now not because the paintings of John Mbiti has an African student taken at the problems with African theology with such insightful and demanding interpretation. this can be guaranteed to be one of many vital books of our times."
--Molefi Kete Asante, Temple college, Philadelphia, PA
"This publication is a well timed contribution to the continuing debate of broadening theological assumptions approximately God and the area we inhabit."
--Jimmy G. Dube, United Theological university, Harare, Zimbabwe
"Muzorewa displays with unparalleled readability, stability, and perception at the diversified names and ideas of God. Worshiping a monotheistic God is anything an African doesn't need to consider carefully (about) simply because that has been their lifestyle considering time immemorial. This ebook is a well timed, balanced, crucial studying for these attracted to the richness of African theology."
--Beauty R. Maenzanise, Africa collage, Mutare, Zimbabwe
Dr. Gwinyai H. Muzorewa is a professor of theology at Lincoln collage, Pennsylvania, the 1st degree-granting traditionally black collage within the usa. He has authored, between different books, The Origins and improvement of African Theology and An African Theology of Mission, and is editor of recognize Thyself: Ideologies of Black Liberation.
Read or Download African Origins of Monotheism: Challenging the Eurocentric Interpretation of God Concepts on the Continent and in Diaspora PDF
Similar religious studies books
Non secular associations, values, and identities are basic to figuring out the lived reviews of Canadians within the 19th- and early twentieth-century. Christian church buildings and Their Peoples, an inter-denominational learn, considers how Christian church buildings inspired the social and cultural improvement of Canadian society throughout local and linguistic strains.
Strategic making plans is one key to a school's winning destiny. This e-book offers a step by step approach for making plans in an easy structure, together with an summary for an out of doors facilitator. it truly is in line with the winning strategic making plans technique utilized by the writer. Templates integrated. Our titles aid all catholic educators and directors have the pro assets to satisfy the top criteria of excellence in Catholic schooling.
The opportunity of visible examine equipment within the sociology of faith is sizeable, yet mostly untapped. This comes as a shock, although, given the visible, symbolic, and fabric nature of faith and spirituality. facts of spiritual religion and perform is materially found in every thing from garments and jewellery to artifacts present in people’s houses and offices.
• Provocative readings of biblical tales, with ideas on what they say tothe church• Listens for critique instead of aid, encouraging us to listen to Jesus freshInside the Church, we're always and continually studying the gospels throughout the lens of aiding our personal establishment and constitution.
- Attitude is Your Paintbrush with Leader's Guide: It Colors Every Situation
- Margins of Citizenship: Muslim Experiences in Urban India (Religion and Citizenship)
- Rhetoric, Social Value and the Arts: But How Does it Work?
- Psychic Wholeness and Healing, Second Edition: Using All the Powers of the Human Psyche
- Getting Along?: Religious Identities and Confessional Relations in Early Modern England - Essays in Honour of Professor W.J. Sheils (St. Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Reflections of Space and Time
Extra info for African Origins of Monotheism: Challenging the Eurocentric Interpretation of God Concepts on the Continent and in Diaspora
African Origins of Monotheism: Challenging the Eurocentric Interpretation of God Concepts on the Continent and in Diaspora by Gwinyai H. Muzorewa,Ralph C. Watkins